At UNE we provide a variety of flexible benefits options to eligible full-time and half-time faculty and professional staff, allowing you to create a benefits program tailored to your individual needs. We offer medical, eye, and dental plans, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans, and other benefits for you to design your ideal package.
Open Enrollment 2022
All benefit elections must be made between November 1 and November 15 through the U-Online open enrollment portal to assure a smooth transition to your 2022 benefit elections.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Open Enrollment is a virtual process, but Human Resources and our insurance carriers are dedicated to helping you select your 2022 benefit elections. We encourage you to review your Open Enrollment Guide (PDF) and Benefits Guide (PDF) even if you don't plan to make any changes. Additional detailed information is also available by topic. Other open enrollment questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
It is important to understand the benefits that are available to you. This guide summarizes information for your health and dental plans as well as other benefits UNE offers to benefits-eligible individuals.
- Domestic partners may be added to your medical and/or dental insurance plans if you meet specific requirements and complete a domestic partner affidavit with Human Resources. By adding a domestic partner to your plan(s), you will be charged the associated premium and will be taxed on that benefit.
- Please contact Human Resources within 30 days of any domestic partner status change. This includes becoming a newly-qualified domestic partner, the end of a domestic partner relationship, or becoming legally married. Contact the benefits and disability specialist with any questions regarding domestic partner coverage.
- Eligible dependents may be covered on your medical and/or dental insurance plans up to age 26. Coverage will end on the last day of the month during which they turn 26. If your dependent is turning 26 please contact HR to remove them from your plan(s) and reduce your monthly premium(s) as appropriate.
- Northeast Delta Dental: View general information or log into your account and review information specifically related to you.
- Harvard Pilgrim: View information related specifically to you including an explanation of benefits, claim information, dependents on the plan, etc.
- Health Advocate: Utilize this free and confidential service to compare the three plans to help choose the plan appropriate to you.
COBRA Initial Notice for Employees and Families
UNE provides all employees and their families with the COBRA Initial Notice (PDF), also referred to as the General Notice. A Group Health Plan (defined as Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending Accounts) must provide each covered employee and covered dependent(s) with written notice of their COBRA rights under the plan. If you have coverage under one of these plans, please share this general notice with any members of your family who are enrolled under a group health plan. This notice requires no further action on your part. The purpose is to make you and your dependents aware of your right to COBRA Coverage in the event of a loss of coverage in the future.