About Your Dental Benefits
You have the ability to purchase dental insurance benefits on a pre-tax basis. UNE provides the option to choose between two dental plans through Northeast Delta Dental so that you can elect a plan that works best for you.
Once enrolled in benefits, we recommend that you regularly review your contact information (mailing address, email, and phone number) with elected insurance carriers to make sure it is up-to-date.
More information about Delta Dental, including a list of in-network participating providers, may be obtained by visiting the Delta Dental webpage.
It is important to note that services are based on a rolling 12-month period, not a calendar year period. For example, diagnostic/preventive evaluations are covered twice in a rolling 12-month period.
- Full- or half-time faculty or professional staff (self)
- Spouse or Domestic Partner
- Dependent Children (and those of a Domestic Partner) until the end of the month they turn 26
- Participation in dental coverage may begin the first of the month after your hire or qualifying event. If your hire or event occurs on the first of the month, then benefits begin on the date of hire or qualifying event.
- Coverage ends the last day of the month in which you physically work in a benefits-eligible position.
- When and under what circumstances can a mid-year change be made to my benefits? (PDF)
- Please review the Summary Plan Description (PDF) for more eligibility details and consult with Human Resources for specific situations.
This in-network plan offers core coverage on preventative and minor/major restorative care for the lowest monthly premiums. Learn more about the Dental Basic plan
This in-network plan offers a higher level of coverage for preventative care and minor restorative procedures and core coverage for major restorative procedures. Learn more about the Delta Dental Enhanced plan
Information about your Delta Dental coverage is available online. You can create an account with Delta Dental Online to access information about your dental plan. You can also download the mobile app to get access to your dental information, ID card, and other resources on your mobile device.
Based on individual circumstances you may be eligible for additional preventative benefits at no cost to you.
Individuals electing Delta Dental coverage have access to a vision discount program. Read the Delta Dental EyeMED Discount Description (PDF)
You have a hearing discount program (PDF) through your dental insurance carrier.