Hiring and Employment

Whether you are replacing a regular position or hiring adjunct faculty, part-time or temporary staff, there are some basic forms and processes necessary for a smooth transition.

Status Change Forms

Filling a position

For benefits-eligible hiring processes visit the Human Resources SharePoint page at https://une1.sharepoint.com/sites/HR to access the Hiring Toolkit.

For forms and general information applicable for adjunct faculty please visit the Getting Started at UNE section of our website, these resources will assist you to make a positive impression with the new member of your team


It is said that you never have a second chance to make a first impression. Onboarding a new faculty or staff member is just as important as making the right selection. For benefits-eligible onboarding processes visit the Human Resources SharePoint page at https://une1.sharepoint.com/sites/HR to access the Onboarding/Orientation Toolkit.

Illnesses and Injuries

Family Medical Leave Guidance

As a manager, it is likely that one of your staff will need to apply for Family Medical Leave at some point. Please contact human resources to understand the various circumstances, continuous leave and intermittent leave situations, rights and responsibilities of Family Medical Leave.

Worker's Compensation Guidance

We all strive for the perfect safety record, but accidents do happen. And when they do, this guide will help you navigate getting your staff member the resources they need and making UNE a safer place.

Disability (non-FMLA) Guidance

There is often overlap between family medical leave and personal disability situations, but not all individuals or circumstances qualify under Family Medical Leave regulations. UNE offers additional policies covering individuals for their own non-work related disabling conditions. You should reference the Personnel Handbook (PDF) for full details.


Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time can cause stress on the body. Our Ergonomic Work Station Information (PDF) and our Work Station Exercises (PDF) can help you have a more comfortable day.

If you would like to request an ergonomic evaluation have your supervisor email Cat Martins in HR.

Annual Reviews

Thank you for seeking out information about the annual review process in anticipation of the upcoming annual review season. For additional information view the Human Resources Annual Review Process on SharePoint. If you have questions email Shaylah Kelly, employee relations and development specialist.

Additional resources relevant to the reappointment, promotion, and tenure (RPT) process can be found on the Office of the Provost webpage.