Health and Wellness Podcasts
Listen to podcasts from Cigna experts to learn about health, wellness, and how to use your health care plan. Explore the library at health-info-podcasts.
CIGNA Employee Assistance Program
- All UNE employees
- Any household members, including dependents away at college
- No need to have UNE health insurance
- EAP Services are voluntary and are offered at no additional charge
The EAP provides confidential services that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a variety of support options. Services include face-to-face consultations and telephone support, child care and eldercare resources, as well as traditional counseling and legal services.
Life Issues Topics
Life presents us with a variety of challenges. EAP services have compiled a number of informational resources on life issues to help get people thinking about the various topics and available resources.
Resources for recent community, national, or world events
- Building resilience (PDF)
- Coping with uncertainty (PDF)
- Coping with extreme stress (PDF)
- Coping with difficult current events (PDF)
- Taking care of your self in stressful times (PDF)
- Practicing Mindfulness: resilience in challenging times (PDF)
- The art of mindfulness (PDF)
- Self care strategies and finding resilience (PDF)
EAP Online Seminars
Online seminars on a variety of topics. A schedule of the upcoming seminars is always available on the Cigna EAP websites with the standard login. Learn how to access this schedule (PDF).
Managers Guide to Wellness
As a manager, you play an important role in facilitating communication and access to a variety of University services and procedures. We provide resources and information to support you in this effort, including the Managers Guide to Wellness (PDF) through our supervisors' support page.
Access Employee Assistance and Work/Life Support Programs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1 (877) 622-4327 or logging into www.myCigna.com using the employer ID of une.
The Standard Employee Assistance Services
The Standard also offers EAP benefits through HealthAdvocate to eligible employees and their dependents/household members. Covered individuals may contact master’s-degreed clinicians 24/7 by phone, online, live chat, email, and text. There’s even a mobile EAP app. Receive referrals to support groups, a network counselor, community resources, or your health plan. If necessary, you’ll be connected to emergency services. Your program includes up to three assessment and counseling sessions per issue. Sessions can be done in person, on the phone, or by video.
- Full-Time Employees and your dependents, including children to age 26
- All household members
- Child and elder care
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Difficulties in relationships
- Stress and anxiety with work or family
- Financial and legal concerns
- Grief and loss
- Identity theft and fraud resolution
- Online will preparation
Can save you countless hours by researching and providing referrals or important issues.
- Child and elder care
- Daily living
- Pet care
- And other online resources
- Life Services Tool Kit (PDF)
- Travel Insurance with General Global Assistance at 1 (866) 455-9188
Contact The Standard EAP services 24/7 for confidential support and resources.