Welcome to the University of New England. Beginning a new job can be a daunting experience. The information in this section, along with the information provided to you by your department, is designed to assist your transition to your new position and the University.
Completing paperwork early facilitates systems set up. Although there will be other paperwork and processes that you will need to complete, the documents here help us get you set up in our systems sooner.
- Instructions for completing First Day Essentials
- Fillable I9 Verification of Employment Eligibility (download then open your downloaded file)
- I9 Verification Instructions
- I9 Verification paper version
- W4 Federal Tax Form
- W4 Maine Tax Form
- Employee Information Form
- Application (if not previously completed)
- Background Check Authorization
- FCRA Consumer Rights Disclosure Notice
- Confidentiality Agreement
- ID Card Request Form
- Benefits Overview
- Health Insurance Plan Comparison
- Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options
- Dental Insurance Plan Comparison
- Vision Discount Program through Delta Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Eligible Medical Expenses
- Retirement Plan Resources
- Employee Assistance
- Health Advocacy Resource
- Holiday Schedule
- How do I access my pay stub?
- Ergonomic Workstation brochure
- How did we do? Customer Service Survey
Orientation and required training connects you to information and policies that are important as you get started with the University, as well as resources you can reference throughout your employment. It also provides initial training required by various regulatory agencies. Your individual training is a combination of shared information and specific training based on your position classification. Our process complements explanations that you will receive from your manager and mentors.
Available 24/7 through online modules, training is assigned once you have appropriate computer access and varies based on your specific role and status within the University. You are expected to complete assigned orientation and training within 30 calendar days from your first day of work.
Full-time and Half-time Benefits-Eligible Faculty and Professional Staff
Orientation and training communications will be distributed through University email once you have system access. These communications will include information and instructions on how to access your training.
Training communications will be distributed through University email once you have system access. These communications will include information and instructions on how to access your training. You may also want to access the Policy Handbooks below for other important information.
Part-time and Temporary Staff
Training communications will be distributed through University email once you have system access. These communications will include information and instructions on how to access your training. You may also want to access the Policy Handbook for other important information.
If you have questions regarding the courses assigned, or think that other training should have been assigned, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Understanding the payroll process, how it affects you and what you can do to assure a smooth transition are important details as you begin employment with the University. These resources and documents will assist you to navigate the payroll process.
- I am an hourly staff member*
- I am a salaried faculty/staff member*
- Fillable hourly time sheet is located at V:\UNEDocs\Payroll\Fillable Bi-Weekly Hourly Timesheet (FLSA)
- Time Sheet (hourly)
- Monthly Leave Report (salaried)
*Please note that not all leave time categories apply to each employment status. Please review the Personnel Handbook for details regarding each type of leave time category.
- Have your ID Request form authorized by Human Resources and bring it with you when you go to Security to have your picture taken and ID Card processed.
- ID cards may take 2 to 3 days for processing after receiving your picture and all necessary documents.
- Carry your ID card with you at all times. It is your "one card, all access" ID.
- If you have questions about your ID card or if it is lost or stolen, please contact our Security Department ID Officer at (207) 602-2900 or extension 2900 from any UNE phone.
Information Technology Services is your resource for getting online, keeping your technology up-to-date, and staying connected with your colleagues on campus and beyond. From the day you begin your position at UNE, ITS provides you with tech support, opportunities for online learning and access to resources to ensure you succeed in your position. Contact ITS to set up a U-Online account and an email account, and for whatever additional support you need.
Cost of permits by type
- Full-time faculty and staff: $36 per year (Portland Campus passes are sold out. Request the free Bishop Street Extension permit.)
- Replacement pass: $7
- Bishop Street Extension: Free and unlimited (Portland Campus only)
- Adjunct, Part-time, and Temporary: $8 (Biddeford Campus only)
A note for commuters on the Portland Campus
Parking on the campus is limited. However — free, unlimited parking is available to everyone in the Bishop Street Extension lot. For Portland-based commuters, the Bishop Street Extension permit will be accepted on the Biddeford campus. For additional information view the Portland Campus Parking Map.
A shuttle is provided between the Bishop Street Extension parking lot and the Portland Security Office between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. UNE Safety and Security will drive you to and from the Bishop Street lot any time before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m. Please call (207) 602-2298 for that service. Parking on the Portland Campus after 5 p.m. and on weekends does not require a permit.
As a new faculty or staff member, you will need to be prequalified. To become prequalified:
- Go to une.thepermitstore and create an account
- Please send an email to UNE Safety and Security at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your last name
- Your PRN (910------)
- The type of permit requested
To Purchase a Prequalified Permit
Go to une.thepermitstore.com and enter UNE as your destination. Have your vehicle registration and payment information ready.
Car Pool Program (Biddeford only)
Participants will be able to park on campus at no charge. Essentially, each time you come to campus there must be a minimum of two occupants in the vehicle and you must park in designated Car Pool spaces. Car Pool Permits are available at the Safety and Security Office. Please contact security at (207) 602-2298 for more information on this program
For More Parking Information
More information regarding parking maps, parking policies, and resources is available in the Parking Resources section of the Office of Safety and Security website.