Join your colleagues to make a difference
Announcing UNE's Charitable Giving Campaign
UNE’s first lady, Lynn Brandsma, shares information about the University’s Charitable Giving Campaign,
We encourage you to join your colleagues in the 2020 Charitable Giving Campaign. The campaign, which culminates on November 30, supports the United Way of York County and the United Way of Greater Portland. While the needs and the challenges have never been greater, the opportunities to make a difference are limitless. These organizations focus on improving and creating better communities, where every person is respected and every voice is heard. But they can’t do it alone. Together we can make a difference in the way we learn, live, and work.
How can I impact my community?
- Review the information for each organization to determine which speak to the impact you would like to make.
- Determine the per-pay period contribution you would like to make or make a one time contribution with a check or credit/debit card.
- Download and complete the Charitable Giving Campaign form (PDF) for your per-pay and annual contribution. Please consider that payroll deductions will take place for payrolls falling between January 1 to December 30, 2021 when calculating your annual contribution. For example, if you are a full-time, 12-month faculty or professional staff member, there are 24 pay periods for this period; 20 if you are 10-month; and 18 if you are 9-month.
- Designate your charitable organization (i.e. United Way - York County, or United Way - Greater Portland) and name any specific member organizations that should receive your contribution.
- If naming a member organization, please make sure it is supported by the designated charitable organization.
- Print and sign your completed form.
- Return completed form by November 30 to Human Resources at 716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME 04103, via intercampus mail, or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congratulate yourself for your leadership in advancing the common good in our communities and in the state of Maine!
Get to Know the Organizations
The mission of the United Way of Greater Portland (UWGP) is to improve people’s lives (video) by mobilizing the caring power of community. We are uniting individuals and organizations around our community’s shared vision, Thrive2027, with three 10-year goals to improve education, financial stability, and health for every person in Greater Portland. Hop aboard the UWGP virtual bus tour (video) to visit three of the 40+ organizations supported by your donation.
- How UWGP uses your dollar for education, for financial stability for health (PDF)
- United Way of Greater Portland Community Partners
- Administrative Costs: 11.2%
- Watch: Covid 19 and UWGP presentation
- Watch: Community Report and Racial Equity
United Way of York County
The mission of the United Way of York County (UWYC) is to connect people and resources to improve lives and create better communities. We strive to ensure that all York County children, from birth through age 8, have the best possible start and support the development of strong and healthy youth by engaging them in their community. To accomplish this, we are committed to engaging volunteers and building capacity of local non profits.