Join your colleagues who are Hopeful for thriving communities
UNE's Charitable Giving Campaign
Together, we are taking action to create a brighter future where every child has a strong start in life, more people are on a path toward financial stability, and individuals have access to critical mental health services. Addressing these complex challenges require solutions made possible only by well-orchestrated collaboration and engagement. The UNE-United Way partnership offers you an easy, efficient way to help create a thriving future for all in Southern Maine.
2022 Virtual Bus Tour — United Way of Southern Maine
Visit five of the many organizations making an impact with your UNE charitable giving donation to United Way of Southern Maine (UWSM).
Take Action Today
Discover UWSM's goals and purpose and determine the impact you would like to make.
To make a contribution through our electronic pledge form follow the instructions below or view the People Admin Self-Service tutorial (PDF).
- Log into People Admin Records with your UNE username and password.
- Access Records Self-Service by going to the three dots in the upper left of the screen
- Select Employee Records, then Available Forms
- Select the UNE Charitable Giving Campaign form
- Complete the fields on the form and select Save Final at the end of the form to authorize your payroll deduction. Deductions will take place for payrolls falling between January 1 to December 30, 2023. Forms are due by December 9.
To make a direct contribution with a check, credit card, or cash:
- Download and complete the UNE Charitable Giving Campaign form (PDF).
- Print and sign your completed form.
- Return the completed and signed form and any checks or cash by December 9 to Human Resources at 716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME, 04103; via intercampus mail; or scan and email payroll deduction pledges to email@example.com.
Congratulate yourself for your leadership in advancing the common good in our communities and in the state of Maine!
United Way of Southern Maine
The mission of UWSM is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. We are uniting individuals and organizations around our community’s shared vision, Thrive2027, three 10-year goals to improve education, financial stability, and health for every person in Southern Maine. And, because we believe everyone has a role to play in building a thriving community, we actively seek to engage donors, advocates, and volunteers to create measurable long-lasting community change.
- Through United Way programs like Street Academy, people are getting the support they need to not only survive, but thrive.
- See how UWSM uses your dollar for education, financial stability, and health (PDF).
- Visit the United Way of Greater Portland website to learn more about their Community Partners and the organizations your donations will help.
The UNE-United Way Partnership by the Numbers
While annual contributions are vital to the United Way effort, UNE faculty, professional staff, and students work with United Way in other ways to expand our connections and deepen the impact we make within the local communities.
books collected at the 2021 fun run for the Learning Works organization
stuffed animals collected and donated by UNE's Teddy Bear Toss since 2017
new gifts collected through our Giving Tree for Seeds of Hope
- Since 2017 UNE's Teddy Bear Toss has collected and donated more than 15,000 new/gently used stuffed animals and more than $7,000 to support local agencies.
- The 2022 Fun Run Food Drive collected over 250 food items to assist families facing food insecurity.
- The 2021 Giving Tree event donated more than 200 new unwrapped gifts to the Seeds of Hope to assist families in providing for their children at the holidays. Look for upcoming information on this event as we plan to help even more families this year.
- The 2021 Fun Run book collection collected more than 1,200 new and gently used books for the project with Learning Works organization through their partnership with United Way of Southern Maine.
- In 2020, UNE partnered with United Way and the Biddeford Police Department last winter for our first Coat Drive. We contributed more than 30 coats out of the 250 coats that were collected regionally.
- The 2019 Fun Run school supplies drive provided area students with pens, pencils, notebooks, rulers, glue, crayons, markers, and many more items needed for successful engagement in the classroom.