Join your colleagues who are Hopeful for thriving communities
UNE's Charitable Giving Campaign
With so many important issues currently at the forefront of people’s minds — racial equity, mental health, addiction treatment, educational opportunities, and job training — the UNE-United Way partnership offers you an easy, efficient way to support local causes. There is no single answer to achieving a thriving community but there are many solutions. We want to thank all of those who made donations for the 2022 calendar year. Your contributions create a hopeful and thriving future for all in Southern Maine.
If you missed the traditional campaign that ended November 30, 2021, it is never to late to make an impact. You may still submit your contribution form for the remainder of 2022.
2021 Virtual Bus Tour — United Way of Southern Maine
Visit five of the many organizations making an impact with your UNE charitable giving donation to United Way of Southern Maine.
Take Action Today
Learn more about United Way of Southern Maine's goals and purpose and determine the impact you would like to make.
To make a contribution through our electronic pledge form follow the instructions below or view the People Admin Self-Service tutorial (PDF)
- Log into People Admin Records with your UNE username and password.
- Access Records Self-Service by going to the three dots in the upper left of the screen
- Select Employee Records, then Available Forms
- Select the UNE Charitable Giving Campaign form
- Complete the fields on the form and select Save Final at the end of the form to authorize your payroll deduction. Deductions will take place for payrolls falling between January 1 to December 30, 2022
To make a direct contribution with a check, credit card, or cash:
- Download and complete the UNE Charitable Giving Campaign form (PDF).
- Print and sign your completed form.
- Return the completed and signed form and any checks or cash by November 30 to Human Resources at 716 Stevens Avenue, Portland, ME, 04103; via intercampus mail; or scan and email payroll deduction pledges to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulate yourself for your leadership in advancing the common good in our communities and in the state of Maine!
United Way of Southern Maine
The mission of United Way of Southern Maine (formerly the United Way of York County and the United Way of Greater Portland) is to improve people’s lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. We are uniting individuals and organizations around our community’s shared vision, Thrive2027, three 10-year goals to improve education, financial stability, and health for every person in Southern Maine. And, because we believe everyone has a role to play in building a thriving community, we actively seek to engage donors, advocates, and volunteers to create measurable, long-lasting community change.
- United Way is helping people face big challenges and improve people’s lives (video) by mobilizing the power of community.
- How UWSM uses your dollar for education, for financial stability for health (PDF)
- United Way of Greater Portland Community Partners
The UNE-United Way Partnership by the Numbers
While annual contributions are vital to the United Way effort, UNE faculty, professional staff, and students work with United Way in other ways to expand our connections and deepen the impact we make within the local communities.
books collected at the 2021 fun run for the Learning Works organization through their partnership with United Way of Southern Maine
stuffed animals collected and donated by UNE's Teddy Bear Toss since 2017
Coats contributed by UNE with United Way and the Biddeford Police Department last winter for our first Coat Drive
- Since 2017 UNE's Teddy Bear Toss has collected and donated more than 13,000 new/gently used stuffed animals and $7,000 to support local agencies.
- The 2021 Fun Run book collection collected more than 1,200 new and gently used books for the project with Learning Works organization through their partnership with United Way of Southern Maine.
- The 2020 Giving Tree event collected new unwrapped gifts for more than 25 recipients during the COVID. Look for upcoming information on this event as we plan to expand to help even more families this year.
- UNE partnered with United Way and the Biddeford Police Department last winter for our first Coat Drive. We contributed more than 30 coats out of the 250 coats that were collected regionally.
- The 2019 Fun Run school supplies drive provided area students with pens, pencils, notebooks, rulers, glue, crayons, markers, and many more items needed for successful engagement in the classroom.